AILA QLD’s major partner Raylinc Lighting are joining force with WE-EF Lighting to provide this CPD event to Queensland members on June 7.
Protecting the beauty in Darkness - Night sensitive lighting solutions
Addressing one of the fastest growing pollutant in the world: artificial light. We explore the impact that artificial light, particularly blue light, has on humans, wildlife, our circadian rhythm, the environment (carbon footprint), heritage and culture. We will review best practice strategies and take a look at the necessary transition towards warmer colour temperatures and modern night sensitive solutions including GOBO technology via reviewing project case studies.
The outline for the evening is as follows:
• Exploring the impact that light pollution, particularly from blue light, has on humans, various wildlife, ecosystems, the environment (carbon footprint), heritage, culture, circadian rhythm
• Visualising colour temperatures with colour temperature demonstration kit (understanding spectral distribution and how warmer colour temperatures with less blue/violet content are less disruptive to living things)
• Project case study examples of PC Amber installations including – Little Para Trail and Sir Douglas Mawson Lake’s Pathway Upgrade
• Highlighting opportunities for minimising light pollution with the clever use of lighting controls and new solutions like Wild-Light
• GOBO Technology: Projecting light with sharp and controlled cut off, while preserving heritage, avoiding fixing luminaires to a structure
• Beauty of Darkness Awards Competition – an overview of how to get involved
Click below to watch WE-EF PC Amber lighting installation for Little Para River Trail.
- Canapes and drinks will be served through the event and will include time for networking.
With over 20 years’ experience in the lighting industry both in Australia and in Europe, Ronan brings a wealth of knowledge to WE-EF LIGHTING. He has held various sales and management positions with some of the world’s most respected lighting companies over the years. Ronan is as passionate about lighting as he is about people and he uses his broad lighting knowledge to deliver tailored, best-in-class and quality lighting solutions.
Proudly Supported By
Delegate terms and conditions
All AILA Events are subject to our Delegate Conditions. Please review these before completing your event registration.
AILA is committed to the health and safety of our members, guests and staff, as such we have a COVID Safety Plan in place for face to face events. If you are feeling unwell and are unable to attend the event, please contact your event manager. All event attendees are required to follow the government's physical distancing guidelines of 1.5m between yourself and others, practice good hygiene. Attendees are encouraged to download the COVID App so you are traceable should someone you or someone you have been in contact with contracts COVID-19.