Be part of something great!
Nominations are now called for from AILA members for a two year term, commencing July 2023 and concluding July 2025, to be members of AILA Chapter Committees (Executives).
Each chapter shall have a maximum of 8 members and should the number of nominations received exceed this amount, an election will be held for members in that chapter.
There is no maximum term of executive members, although members may only serve a maximum of four years in the same elected office bearer position.
Elections for office bearers are to be conducted as per the Conduct of Chapter Guidelines below, follow the 2023 Annual Chapter Meeting (ACM). Chapter Committees (Executives) play a crucial role in the connection between AILA members, Board and CEO, and other chapters.
The Chapter functions are to:
- Assist with the delivery of national programs, and initiating and supporting local programs as outlined in the 2023/24 AILA operational plan.
- Provide or arrange for programs to engage wider industry and community and promote the profession of Landscape Architects and their work
- Represent AILA in public forums and media opportunities consistently with AILA policies
- Liaise with AILA stakeholder in respect of AILA’s functions undertaken at the local level, including by encouraging collaboration and communication between AILA stakeholders and other Chapters
- Any other function determined by the Board in accordance with the governing policies
The Chapter Committee’s functions are to:
- provide leadership, direction and services to Members in the Chapter;
- be responsible to, and may be directed by the CEO in accordance with the governing policies
- to provide advice to and facilitate communication between Board and Chapter Members and report to the Board in accordance with the governing policies, without limiting the general powers of the Board pursuant to 15.1(b).
- at all times in undertaking its functions, pursuant to 21.3(c) act in consultation, liaison and communication with, and through, the CEO.
If you would like to contribute to the continued growth and impact of AILA, please nominate today using the link provided.
For more information, check out the slide deck from the Member Connect session on Chapter Executives.